• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ukraine - Superthread

MilEME09

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score

Kat Stevens

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score

RangerRay

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Something tells me that the Ukrainians would rather have something with a BFG to blast the orcs back to Mordor with.

rmc_wannabe

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
I wonder which variants we are sending? My guess would be Armoured ambulances, CPs and TCVs
I am of the opinion that the CP variants won't be going anywhere near Ukraine. Far too many bits and bobs installed that would be a bad day to lose to enemy action or capture.

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I am of the opinion that the CP variants won't be going anywhere near Ukraine. Far too many bits and bobs installed that would be a bad day to lose to enemy action or capture.
I haven't seen the final build plan yet but generally all of the extra bits that are sensitive are applied after manufacturing at the EFDs either by the contractor or CAF folks.
I've been involved in a few of the post manufacturing aspects in terms of building the kits and then sending them to the EFDs is that was deemed as the more secure route. Or more likely not thought of at the time of contracting and need to be added to be compatible for future systems

There may be more in the CP variants right from The manufacturer that makes it a non-starter to send them anyway like you said

rmc_wannabe

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
I haven't seen the final build plan yet but generally all of the extra bits that are sensitive are applied after manufacturing at the EFDs either by the contractor or CAF folks.
I've been involved in a few of the post manufacturing aspects in terms of building the kits and then sending them to the EFDs is that was deemed as the more secure route. Or more likely not thought of at the time of contracting and need to be added to be compatible for future systems

There may be more in the CP variants right from The manufacturer that makes it a non-starter to send them anyway like you said
Without getting too far out into the weeds, the ACSV CP builds were supposed to be as such that the time needed at EFD was greatly reduced, comparatively. No live rounds but more parts thereof than usual.

PuckChaser

Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
Send them some CNR(E) so it gets compromised and we can buy proper Thales, Harris or Racal systems...

MilEME09

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Send them some CNR(E) so it gets compromised and we can buy proper Thales, Harris or Racal systems...
We really do not want to deliberately let Russia compromise our comms. That said Ukraine needs better get that is less vulnerable to Russian EW. The 710Gs we have scattered about that are made by an Israeli company would work wonders

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
You don't ALWAYS get to duck outta duties by being on the hockey team ;)
Stay away from the tea and open windows if you're above the second floor, kid.