• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ukraine - Superthread

FJAG

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Unless Canada changes the PRes ToS and utterly restructures it - you can’t rely on PRes forces.
I keep saying that the current legislative and even regulatory elements respecting PRes ToS aren't that bad. It's the ridiculous administrative hamstringing that goes on internal to DND together with the current internal organizational, equipment and training structure that makes the whole thing ponderous and difficult.

95% of what is wrong with the PRes can be fixed internally if DND/CA would get their heads out of their butts.

:mad:

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
The US nuked the wrong people in 1945

Well, Patton kinda had them pegged:

"...from what I’ve seen of them, I have no particular desire to understand them except to ascertain how much lead or iron it takes to kill them. In addition to his other amiable characteristics, the Russian has no regard for human life and is an all out son of a bitch, a barbarian, and a chronic drunk."

- Gen. George S. Patton

NavyShooter

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, Patton kinda had them pegged:

"...from what I’ve seen of them, I have no particular desire to understand them except to ascertain how much lead or iron it takes to kill them. In addition to his other amiable characteristics, the Russian has no regard for human life and is an all out son of a bitch, a barbarian, and a chronic drunk."

- Gen. George S. Patton
King Solomon (biblical) is purported to have said "There is nothing new under the sun."

Here we have a perfect example.

FormerHorseGuard

Reaction score
There a lack of will or taste for any more in Europe after the defeat of Nazi Germany.
Various US Generals, George S, Patton and PM Churchill were very verbal about pushing back USSR back to its pre war borders.
Patton wanted to use the found gold to fund a future army. George Patton’s Trumpian Plan to Fund the Military With Captured Nazi Gold
Churchill's plan Operation Unthinkable Operation Unthinkable: Churchill's plan for World War Three | The National Archives.

A lot of Monday morning quarterbacking could be done on the closing days of the War in Europe. Pushing the Soviets back, forcing the unification of Germany.

But did the Allies want to continue a war after almost 6 years and they were running out of funds and manpower.

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Turkey reportedly green lights FIN, SWE into the club ....

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
Turkey reportedly green lights FIN, SWE into the club ....

Happy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

suffolkowner

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score