• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applying for a family members medals


Full Member
Reaction score
I recently received all of my deceased paternal grandfathers medals in the mail from the MOD. The process was a little long and drawn out because of the fact that he had never received them, so they had to do a complete back ground check of his service history to determine his entitlements.

If anyone here is in a similar position, whereby they have a family member who served with H.M Forces that has either lost their medals or who has never received them, I can let you know the process and the forms that you must complete as well as the documentation that you must supply to receive them.

If the person applying for the medals is still alive then they must just complete the basic medals application form and at the very least be able to provide their personal info, ie name, rank, service number and date of birth.

However, if the person is deceased then it must be their next of kin who applies for the medals and they must complete the medal application, a next of kin form, provide a copy of the death certificate, and know the personal info that I have listed above for the deceased.

Here are some links that may be of some assistance to anyone interested start the process. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or contact the email address below for the MOD medals office.